Saturday, August 8, 2009

Where o' where is my iPod

For the past few days I have been practically tearing apart my house looking for my iPod. It apparently is gone for good. I, of course, am blaming anyone but myself for the mishap. I do think my 3 year old walked off with it and probably has it stashed in some secret location. She is very good at taking things and then me or the Mrs. will be digging around and what do you know, here it is! Its funny how you get attached to something as superficial as an iPod. Oh well, if it doesn't show up in the next few days I'll be on my way to Best Buy.

On another news front, I have been on the elliptical machine trying to build up enough strength (courage) to get out on two wheels. Having been sick for the past month or more has really taken me back. It's an awful feeling knowing you aren't able to do something you love to do. It's one thing if you just don't because of laziness, which I have done before, but its another when you can't physically. Hopefully I can build a good base over the next few weeks indoors and then hit the trails by the end of the month. And yes I said trails not the road. My feelings for the road are mixed as of late. As some of you may or may not know I have a problem with most of the so called roadies around this area. These are the same douche bags that have turned every nice, family, no drop ride into a hammer fest. With this being said I believe I have flipped my switch into wanting to do more mtn. biking. All of the people I have met while on fat tires have been nothing but nice, helpful and fun to be around. Sure there is some friendly competition, but without that elitist attitude to go with it. So with that I say thank you to all you peeps out there who know what cycling is all about.

2 comments: