Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Back...........

I recently found out that my good buddy Mike "Trixie" Thomas is going to start blogging so I figured I'd give this another go. Between the two of us you really don't know what you might get. I have been laying low over the past few weeks. After my first outing at the ETSU short track I came down with a nasty viral infection that decided to setup shop in my chest. Long story short I was diagnosed with Pericarditis. For all non-medical peeps, this means the lining around my heart was inflammed. The problem with that is if it gets really bad I can build up fluid around my heart thus limiting its function and causing heart failure. Now I'm not by any means in super great shape but I can get around on a bike and in the gym. Well when this started I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breathe. So for the past two weeks I've been on SUPER DUPER strength Ibuprofen to knock it out. They can't do much else since the infection is Viral, antiobiotics only work on bacterial infections. Go figure. I'm feeling much better and hope to be back after it by the end of August. Keep your fingers crossed!!

One more thing of interest, my wife and I are expecting our third child, another girl, that makes 3 for me! I couldn't be happier. They are so much fun and definitely make every moment of my life interesting. I will keep all of you posted on the baby as the due date is about 3 weeks away.

Thanks for reading my first blog in a long time. I promise to keep up the posts. Have fun everyone and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment