Thursday, September 24, 2009

You know I have love for "Trixie"

Well it was brought to my attention by Mr. Thomas that in my last post I was rather negative towards road cycling and the people around here who have ruined it. He told me that the only time I road this past year was with him so he thought I was referring to him. I'm here to say that the post he is mentioning had nothing to do with him. All of my road rides with the "local cult hero" as Greg calls him were great and alot of fun. If I ever ride a road bike in the future (which is highly unlikely) it will be because of Mike. Mike represents what road cycling should be about...FUN. I suppose my statements were made referencing the past. Although the TNR rides I did do this year were absolutely a joke. I never seen so many elitist assholes in one place in all my life. It's sad that most of them don't know what cycling is really about. To those sad individuals its all about racing and bragging about who was the fastest up and over Buffalo Mtn. It doesn't take alot of talent to sit back in the middle of the pack and not take a pull only to sprint up Buffalo at the end. Okay enough of that....

In other news, the newest member of the AKS family is already 1 month old. I have no clue where the time has gone. I suppose between work, 3 daughters and a wife, life can go by pretty fast. I have, however, been able to work out consistently for the past week and a half (thank you P90x), losing 6 lbs in the process. I have ridden twice in that same period so I'm happy about that as well. The biggest difference I can see in myself is my recovery time. I don't know if has to do with the fact that I have had nothing but water to drink for the past 2 weeks but I feel great. I will be making an appearance at the Short Track next week so that should be fun. My goal is 10 laps. If I can do that I'll be happy. The first and only time I did Short Track I only managed 7 laps but that was the week before I got sick with that Pericarditis that laid me up for over a month. I've got to get after it since I've committed to George about going out with him and Jeff again. Those dudes are beasts on a mountain bike. I've never seen anyone climb like that. It almost pisses you off...LOL. Alright I'm outta here.

If you are reading this Greg, what happened to you this week? I thought you were gonna call to go riding since you were off all week.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to call since you have 3 kids and a normal work schedule. Next week homie, Tues - Thurs. You name the time and place, I'll bring the bikes. Next Wed. short track?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead Possum -- are you asking me if thats what I think or are you spell checking me? Yes that's what I think and yes its spelled correctly. Thanks for the post and glad to have you as a reader!

    ReplyDelete