Saturday, January 16, 2010

Random thoughts!

So lots of things have been going on around the AKS home of late. Most of you know that I have 3 daughters. Well between them, my wife and work, I never have anytime to do anything let alone get on the computer and update this blog. I have a few minutes so I thought I'd get on here and let it rip.

First things first, I have been reading on Scooby's blog about this BMC that he is now rocking. It's about time. Not because they are better than Specialized but because he is supporting the greatest bike shop in the area, Hampton Trails. I know some of you will roll your eyes and disagree but Brian is the best. He will bend over backwards for you. And I don't know about you but I like to take bike and part recommendations from someone who actually rides :)

Another thing that I have been thinking about is all of the stuff going on in the world and our country. The earthquake in Haiti is an awful event, let me say that first. But with that in mind I don't understand how the minute it happens the U.S.A pledges $100 million in aid and probably more in the future. Remember this is the same country that didn't want us coming there a few years ago. And we have thousands of homeless and hungry people (children included) that we don't care of here. Why can't we give $100 million to take care of those people. Or better yet, how about $100 million to help our education system? Anyone want to guess where we rank in education in the world? I'm all for helping people but its funny how the people we help don't want us any other time unless they are in trouble...(France I'm talking about you too!!!!!) I got a great email the other day that listed all of the countries in NATO that sided with us during the Iraq war and those who didn't. The ones that didn't receive BILLIONS of dollars in some for of aid or military help from us. The email goes on to say that instead of us spending that money on those countries who aren't with us and/or against us, take that money and pump it into Social Security and healthcare. That would solve everything. Sounds good to me. Why do we keep helping people who dont want us there or don't like us?

I have a feeling 2010 is going to be great. I'm getting ready to sell the house, when that happens I'll have some $$$ to buy a few toys I've been wanting. Sorry Scooby, none of those toys require pedaling. Plus I'll get to move to JC which would put me closer to everything and everyone. "The Bluff" just doesn't have much to offer. Also my daughter is riding the hell out of her Yamaha TTR-50 that I got her. It makes her daddy proud when she flies around on something motorized and two-wheeled! I would love to get her out on a track sometime. I may try to take her to Atlanta to watch the Supercross. The year I went the had the KTM 50 series race in between the Lites and 450 main. She'd get a kick seeing those kids race. It may even inspire her.

I'm outta here. Gotta do the dad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment